Dec 27, 2008
Can you believe we're at the end of June already? Apparently, the older I get, the faster time is slipping away from me. But it is not only time that seems to escape, is tasks or goals you've listed that also have a tendency to slip down the road. That's why it's so important to take inventory in the middle of your New Year's resolutions recount or business plan, to make sure that things are progressing along with the plan to realign the objectives and plans that do not appear to be working, and to implement new goals and plans according to the growth or reduction.

Taking inventory is not easy. In fact, is one of the first things that owners of small businesses in procrastinate. And who can blame them? Taking inventory involves time outside the normal day-to-day operations and you need to take a good hard look at where they really are and where they should be.

That's why I encourage my fellow business at home to keep the inventory throughout the year, rather than on a quarterly or biannually. And the best way to do this is to maintain an ongoing task list-a list that will help you keep your business plan and your new year's goals. And then take the time each month to evaluate what you've accomplished, what still needs to be done, and where its business is in financially.

Lists of tasks relating to break with its resolution and / or targets for bite-size pieces and working on them every week for you, of course, progress towards its destination.

Here is a system that has been very helpful to me over the years:

• Do List: lists of tasks are perfect for keeping track of the ideas that you know will benefit your business, but not necessarily fit into its current business plan.

I have my long-term objectives divided into categories and each time a new idea in my head, my place at the right place in my long-term goals list. In this way, never feel pressured to get new ideas made today for fear of forgetting them, and I will not lose on a sheet of paper that I accidentally pull.

• Objectives of the Week list of Master: Master lists are perfect for keeping track of major projects that are vital to the success of your business this month or this year.

My main business functions, which are repetitive and have to do each week, are broken down into digestible pieces and stored in this file. This is the file I use to begin to adapt my goals of the week.

• Objectives of the Week of the list: the weekly listings are perfect for keeping it on track without feeling overloaded. The idea is to have a long month and a break down in weekly or daily chunks so that you stay on the road, leaving space to complete other tasks, duties that may seem trivial, but they are vital to the overall success of your business.

This is the worksheet each week. On Sunday night, I sit and plan my week. I break down into projects and digestible writing a single line of conviction for each project, not too detailed enough that reminds me of the task at hand. Treatment of my list of projects according to the time of each project should be completed during the week and then divide it into one step further by the short-list of projects first, and finally print my list of targets. If something new comes up that has to take priority, I just write this project in the left column. Each time you reach my goal of completing a project, I go through my list. This visual is very important in keeping my job. Then, every Friday, I transfer the things that has not been completed next week with the objectives of the list.

If you have not been able to stay in the task of finding someone to help keep you accountable. It could be a business partner, an employee, companies pay a coach, an impartial and trustworthy friend, a former instructor, or even a family member. An accountability partner will help you achieve your goals by ensuring that you do not procrastinate, so you can vent their frustrations about, and providing an objective eye to a situation that is too close so you can do good reporting, educated decisions.

0 comments: